Applications for jobless benefits rise to 462K

Will E Worm

More people applied for unemployment benefits last week, the first rise in three weeks and evidence that companies are reluctant to hire in a slow economy.

Initial claims for unemployment aid rose by 13,000 to a seasonally adjusted 462,000, the Labor Department said Thursday. It was only the second rise in two months.

Jobless claims have been stuck near 450,000 all year. Few employers see much reason to create many jobs, and some are still laying off workers. Rail operator CSX Corp., for example, said Wednesday that it can lengthen its trains to handle rising shipments, reducing its need to hire more employees.

"The labor market is kind of frozen right now," said Zach Pandl, an economist at Nomura Securities. "There's not a lot of hiring going on, not a lot of quitting, not a lot of layoffs."

Article

Good luck staying in office Obama. :D :p

Worst President ever.

deadip

Article

Good luck staying in office Obama. :D :p

Worst President ever.
I can't believe how damn shallow minded you are, Will E. Worm. It was eight years of Bush that got us in this Mess, NOT Obama. I got laid off from my job before Obama took office. My work place started cutting back on my hours already in January 2007, Obama didn't take Office, until January 2008, when he was swore in. Don't blame this MESS we are in on Obama. It was thrown in his lap, he didn't ask for or create this MESS our Country is now in. Jesus Christ spoken like a true dumb ass Republican. Give Obama the fucking chance to turn things around, will ya??? It's NOT going to happen overnight. It took 8 years of Bush to put us in this MESS, it's probably is going to take more than 8 years to dig us back out. And I'm NOT even a Democrat!!!

Last edited:

Will E Worm

I can't believe how damn shallow minded you are, Will E. Worm. It was eight years of Bush that got us in this Mess, NOT Obama. I got laid off from my job before Obama took office. My work place started cutting back on my hours already in January 2007, Obama didn't take Office, until January 2008, when he was swore in. Don't blame this MESS we are in on Obama. It was thrown in his lap, he didn't ask for or create this MESS our Country is now in. Jesus Christ spoken like a true dumb ass Republican. Give Obama the fucking chance to turn things around, will ya??? It's NOT going to happen overnight. It took 8 years of Bush to put us in this MESS, it's probably is going to take more than 8 years to dig us back out. And I'm NOT even a Democrat!!!

We will have to agree to disagree.

Democrats tax and spend, they do this all the time.

Obama has been in office long enough he can't just blame Bush for everything.

I'm neither a Republican nor a Democrat.

I want your money

deadip

We will have to agree to disagree.

Democrats tax and spend, they do this all the time.

Obama has been in office long enough he can't just blame Bush for everything.

I'm neither a Republican nor a Democrat.

I want your money
Ooh, but he can and it's true. During the Clinton years, I was getting lots of Over-Time working my ass off and being exhausted, so much so, on my only day off, which was every Sunday ... I had to sleep almost the entire day to gain my strength back for the next grueling work week. The very minute the 2000 Election was decided between Al Gore and Bush, my Over-time disappeared and even my normal 40 hour weeks were beginning to be cut. That especially continued when Bush decided to finish what his dad didn't over in Iraq bringing up False Info about Saddam having WMD and NONE was found EVER!!! Clinton also passed laws to bring down the National Debt and was doing so.

I don't care what the FUCK you think, but Obama has NOT been in Office long enough to bring us back from 8 years of BUSH and his Fucked-Up Policies, that brought down the Banking Industry, Insurance Industry, and Industry in General with all the lay-offs and the MASS UNEMPLOYMENT, that followed and continues even today. BUSH even brought down the Economies World-Wide as the GLOBAL STOCK MARKETS have all declined.

You Post a damn cartoon movie by this so-called Tea Party and believe what it says, then you are as ignorant as I have always believed you was. I base my opinions on Reality and how much money I'm making, which right now isn't shit. My best years at work was during Bush, Sr. and Clinton years. Bush, Jr. came along and fucked everything up for everybody, except the filthy Rich like himself.

Will E Worm

You jump to conclusions and fly off the handle far too much.
Just like in the AIDS thread.

Obama has been in office long enough.
His policies are destroying this country and jobs.

You can agree to disagree. That is about as close as we are going to agree.

Now go do more research.

This crisis goes back further than most people realize or care to know.

Bill Clinton's Role in the Mortgage Crisis
The truth about the mortgage crisis.

If you think of this graph as the level playing field, notice how flat it was before Bill Clinton repealed Glass-Steagall, then notice how steep it has become. Those subprime loans amount to nothing more than an organized ripoff of millions of innocent Americans, with the steepness of the graph illustrating the how far the playing field has tilted.