Changing votes

Vogelfrei

Hello, I'm a fairly new user who loves to catalog my favourite things, and I think Indexxx is the best site I've come across for doing this with models, but I can't seem to change a vote once it's cast?

Is this intentional, a bug, or am I just not very good at looking?

Batman

Staff member
This is intended behavior.

What your most important reason for changing a vote?
1) Getting a model higher in the public TOP 100? or
2) To better sort your favourite models on your personal MyBabe page?

Vogelfrei

The latter. I don't work for any agency or have any personal reasons for promoting specific models, I just enjoy systemizing.

I just now read the thread about voting system abuse, and I understand the rationale, but doesn't that sort of defeat the point of such a system? I can spend years fine-tuning my ratings on music and movie databases--my initial vote might stay the way I cast it, or it might just be provisional. Preferences change with increase of references, too.

Crater

Suggestion on votting system

Hi, i'm an indexxx user for some time now, but now i had to make an account in this forum to give my suggestion...

I was reading about your concerns on votting system, and i understand. However, when somebody like me, serious and who loves the site cannot change the vote it's not good...

Everybody changes, i'm not the same person i was 1y ago or 5y ago, why can't i keep my MyBabe page updated and give the models i love the credit they desserve?

That could be easily fixed by resetting votes every year, or simply by letting users change their vote after 1 or 2 years after votting... That would greatly improve the site for real users...

Batman

Staff member
Guys, good news. You're now able to change your votes.

To make it difficult for abusers, a change will immediately be visible in your MyBabe pages, but will only be visible in the TOP-100 after some random time.
For new users, news votes will immediately be visible after 14 days, but votes made within 14 days after signup, will only be visible in the TOP-100 after some random time.

Crater

Guys, good news. You're now able to change your votes.

To make it difficult for abusers, a change will immediately be visible in your MyBabe pages, but will only be visible in the TOP-100 after some random time.
For new users, news votes will immediately be visible after 14 days, but votes made within 14 days after signup, will only be visible in the TOP-100 after some random time.

That's great. I'm sure there's always a way to please real users, and block abusers in some way...
Indexxx is great, best of luck ;)