TNA Wrestling News

Will E Worm

This is the thread to put any news concerning TNA.

Attachments

• tnawrestling1.jpg
    tnawrestling1.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Will E Worm

The Latest On TNA iMPACT! Changing Timeslots?

As noted last night here on the website, SpikeTV's website is currently listing TNA iMPACT! in the 8-10PM timeslot from April 5th, which is also the next live broadcast. In an update on the situation, a source at SpikeTV says the April 5th show is the only one scheduled for the 8PM start as of now.

The feeling is that starting an hour before RAW can only help the ratings. We'll see if it stays that way but we've said all along that they need to go from 8-10EST to get that one-hour jump on RAW. Then at 9EST when RAW goes live they would obviously do a 'hot' segment to keep fans tuned in.

Article

TNA needs to stay on Thursday nights and start a second show on Tuesday or Saturday night.

Will E Worm

Report: TNA To Launch A Major New Faction?

Internally, there has been discussion of launching a "Four-Horsemen-like" faction. There's much buzz about it among the wrestlers in the locker room as a number of them are said to be interested in joining the act.

Keep in mind that TNA cannot use the Horsemen name as it became property of World Wrestling Entertainment when World Championship Wrestling was sold.

We'll keep you posted but take this strictly as a rumor for now.

Article

Wrestlers that could be in the group: AJ Styles, Matt Morgan, Samoa Joe, Rhino, Christopher Daniels, possibly Beer Money, INC.

Attachments

• fourhorsemen.jpg
    fourhorsemen.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 0

Will E Worm

D'Angelo Dinero: This Is Sting's Final Year

In an interview with DothanEagle.com, "The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero talks about what it's like working with Sting and Flair, his time in WWE and more. He also mentions that this is Sting's last year in wrestling.

"I haven't met the Big Pope upstairs, but I've had some encounters, and I don't want to see him again until I can't see no more [laughing]. My immediate goal is to get Sting in the ring before he exits for good. This is the last year. Pope's been known to give some prophetic advice, and I can tell you this year is the last year for Sting. Pope wants to get him in the ring before he retires for good. I know in this business, when retirements happen, it's not set in stone, but when Sting retires, I truly believe it'll be for good."

Article

Sting has almost retired many times. This may or may not be his last year. ;)

Will E Worm

Goldberg: I'm In Talks With WWE - TNA Missed The Boat

Former World Heavyweight Champion Bill Goldberg announced on his Twitter account this evening that he's negotiating with WWE regarding a possible return to the company.

"YES.. I am in negotiations with the WWE," Goldberg wrote. "Looks like 'ole Hogan and TNA missed the boat. Shame for the fans they didn't even try."

While Goldberg has been critical of WWE since his departure from the organization in 2004 and repeatedly said he had no interest in returning to wrestle, he acknowledged a change in heart.

Article

Money changed his mind. His last name is Goldberg. ;)

If TNA would have offered more he would be in TNA.

Goldberg isn't a great wrestler anyway, he is like Hogan, a name and a gimmick.

Will E Worm

Report: WWE Contacts TNA Talent For WrestleMania

WWE reportedly contacted Earl Hebner in regards to being involved in tonight's bout between Bret Hart and Vince McMahon.

The former WWE referee is currently working for TNA, though it remains unknown whether he's actually under contract to the organization.

Dave Hebner is available though.

Article

That's not right. If TNA had tried something like that or used a name Vince "owns" then there would be big problems.

Will E Worm

Consequences Creed Confirms Release From TNA Wrestling

Consequences Creed posted on his Twitter account last night that he is indeed gone from TNA Wrestling.

Creed tweeted: "Thanks for the support! Yea it's true no more TNA for me. So now it's time to do work son! The only thing that can beat a Creed is a Drago!"

As noted late last night here on TNAWrestlingNews.com, The Nasty Boys have been released from TNA as well. There is much more to this story that we are trying to confirm before reporting. We will definitely have more on this shortly so stay tuned to TNAWrestlingNews.com!

Article

I hope Consequences Creed comes back soon. Maybe he will go to NWA and win a belt or two. :cool:

Will E Worm

Breaking News: The Nasty Boys Gone From TNA

Source: Prowrestling.net

The Nasty Boys (Brian Knobbs and Jerry Saggs) are no longer with TNA.

We have no further details as of this writing.

Article

UPDATED REPORT: The Nasty Boys Fired By TNA

As noted earlier, The Nasty Boys are done with TNA.

According to one story, there was an incident involving Brian Knobs at a TNA function that lead to their release.

Although Jimmy Hart is now without an on-air role, it is expected that he will remain with TNA in a different capacity.

We have no further details as of this writing.

Article

Creed Confirms TNA Release, Nasty Boys' Firing Update

-- Consequences Creed posted on his Twitter account last night that he is indeed gone from TNA Wrestling. Creed tweeted: "Thanks for the support! Yea it's true no more TNA for me. So now it's time to do work son! The only thing that can beat a Creed is a Drago!" As noted late last night here on the website, The Nasty Boys have been fired from TNA as well. There is much more to this story that we are trying to confirm before reporting. We will definitely have more on this shortly so stay tuned!

-- According to the webmaster of the official website of The Honky Tonk Man, Brian Knobbs was involved in an incident at a TNA function where Spike TV executives were present. They were said to be very unhappy with his behavior, which resulted in both being let go. We can now confirm that the duo has indeed been let go. As of this post, their profiles have yet be removed from the company website, thus deeming their respective departures official.

Article

Will E Worm

Incident Involving Ric Flair & Orlando Jordan's Boyfriend

Ric Flair angrily confronted the on-air male companion of Orlando Jordan at a bar that a number of wrestlers and personnel hung out at following the Mar. 23 iMPACT! taping.

Flair reportedly got very upset watching the male companion dance at the bar and decided to confront him. Jordan's male companion was said to be shaken by the wrestling legend's comments and left the bar shortly thereafter.

Furthermore, Flair was said to be fuming over the young male having a role in the company as he feels he does not belong in the locker room.

Article

WOOOOO! You tell him Flair! This doesn't belong in wrestling.

Will E Worm

Breaking News: Christopher Daniels Returns To ROH

Moments ago at the ROH PPV in Charlotte, North Carolina, Kenny King was in a match with Davey Richards. After the match, Kenny King refused to shake hands despite cheers from the crowd. Richards was interviewed after the match and put over ROH before saying how awesome he is and how he's going to beat Austin Aries or whoever he has to.

With that being said TNA's Christopher Daniels appeared complete with a Marilyn Manson entrance theme. Daniels then cut a promo and said he had a problem with what Davey just said. He told the people he wants to be the best in the world, but for 7 years he fought to keep the name Fallen Angel synonymous with Best in the World. He said after being held back he has returned to ROH to prove he is exactly that. He then challenged Davey Richards to a fight, and he doesn't care where or when. The crowd wants the match now. Daniels leaves.

This would seem to indicate that he's gone from TNA Wrestling. We hope to have more shortly.

Article

I hope this doesn't mean he is done in TNA.

Hogan and Bischoff are not doing anything but making people leave! :mad:

Will E Worm

Which TNA Knockout Works A Side Job?

Though the TNA Knockouts may be big stars on television, it doesn't necessarily make ends meet � especially when said talent is being infrequently booked. At least one Knockout has a side job as TNAWrestlingNews.com has learned that Taylor Wilde works at sunglasses shop in her hometown of Toronto. She is also pursuing a degree in psychology at York University.

It should be noted though that 'Generation Me' recently noted in an interview that they were paid well enough by TNA that neither needed a side job.

Article

Taylor Wilde has been with TNA for a long time and she doesn't get paid enough and Generation ME is paid more!?

That's wrong.

Will E Worm

TNA Wanted A Top ROH Star.

TNA officials aired interest in Roderick Strong when his contract with Ring of Honor expired. However, TNA didn't issue a contract offer and he ended up re-signing with ROH.

On another note, Strong is WWE wrestler Evan 'Matt Sydal' Bourne's roommate in real-life.

Article

TNA has enough people right now. They should focus on paying people that have been with the company for the longest.

Like Taylor Wilde.

Will E Worm

Curry Man Set To Return

Former TNA star Christopher Daniels is now accepting independent bookings as Curry Man.

Daniels be wrestling as Curry Man at the upcoming Chikara King of Trios tournament in Philadelphia.

Article

TNA Reaction Update, Hernandez Note, Shark Boy, More...

-- TNA Reaction debuts tonight at 7PM ET on Spike TV.

-- Over the weekend, TNA Stars Shawn Hernandez, Jesse Neal, Hamada and Shark Boy appeared at the K&S Wrestlefest convention in Carteret, New Jersey.

Article

Will E Worm

A Jerry Lynn Surprise Last Night

In an unscheduled surprise at last night's ROH on HDNet TV tapings at the ECW Arena in Philadelphia, former ECW and ROH World champion
Jerry Lynn was inducted into the ECW Arena's Hardcore Hall of Fame. Jim Cornette handled the induction.

Tommy Dreamer is scheduled to be inducted at the CHIKARA show on July 25, and the late Michael "Trent Acid" Verdi was inducted last weekend at Acid-Fest.

Article

Will E Worm

Paul Heyman Confirms He Was Very Close To A TNA Deal

Paul Heyman has an interview up at MMAFighting.com. In it, he talks about how close he came to working with TNA:

"It came real close with TNA. To me, it was more of a deal with Spike TV and then a stock and ownership deal involving TNA. I had a five-year plan. I was going to spend 18 months building the roster, the next 18 months exploiting that built roster, that's three years in, go public in three, stay for two more running it and get out at 50 [years old]. That was my plan. I had an exit plan. I had a five-year plan and I clued everyone into it. I told TNA what my plan was and I told Spike TV what my plan was and how we would capitalize on it and how we would make this thing move and an acknowledgment that wrestling is a diminishing market and it's not perceived as cool and here's how you, if not change course, at least present it differently so that at least you have a chance in today's marketplace to at least compete. When that didn't happen, that was it. I didn't have any other interest in doing it. It was close. I would have done it for that particular deal and that's it. That time passed. Now I'm looking at taking my abilities elsewhere and the logical step for me is this entry point right now both into MMA and into also just the branding world."

This confirms our report yesterday that Heyman and TNA were very close to a deal not all that long ago.

Article

Will E Worm

Report: Former WWE Talent Joins TNA

Former long-time WWE talent and employee Bruce Prichard has now joined TNA's production staff.

Prichard was involved with a TNA meeting held earlier today in Orlando in preparation for tonight's live iMPACT! on Spike. He was released by WWE in December 2008 and had been off and on with the company for nearly 22 years.

Article

Brother Love/ Bruce Pritchard