Proposal: Notification system for comments

stripe

First: indexxx.com is incredibly useful and I think that there is a lot of admin's work necessary to keep it running and up to date. Big thanks for this!

That said, there is (apart from some minor points) one thing that really annoys me, and that is the incredibly inefficient communication. For instance, if I want to connect a lesbian set to two actresses, then (to make sure that I will refind the link if it will not be corrected) I have to request it on the page of the set plus on the two pages of the actresses. And still I do not know if the admin will read it. And finally I would have to revisit all these three pages to check if somebody answered to me.

It would be a LOT easier if there were a (manual plus automatic) watch function for the comments (where of course the admin would have to watch all pages together). Then I would know that my comment, wherever written, would be read some day and that I would get a notification if someone answers to it. And I could sift through my old comments to refind the corrections I had proposed some months or years ago.

If such a notification system is too complicated for the admin because there are too many uninteresting (fan kind) comments to watch for him, then maybe a separation into two boxes like "Comments about the model"/"Proposed changes to this page" could reduce the number of comments to be read.

Amen to the hard work (no pun intended) on the part of the admins.

That sounds like a great idea to do a "proposed change" idea to lessen the number of comments on pages.

I agree. When requesting model to set mappings, the most proper place to post it would be the set page. But that one isn't monitored (yes I know, it should be monitored), only model comments are. The easiest way would be if you post all mappings for a single set at one of the models' pages, so that you only have to use one comment. A comment watch would be nice. We want to build such features in a new version of indexxx, and even allow users to create model to set mappings themselves. But it will take time before we get there. We are currently trying out (offline) a possible new web framework for indexxx.

Back